Who we are:
PDQ.com is a software company in the heart of downtown Salt Lake City. Our goal at PDQ.com is to make the lives of system administrators easier – and make them look good. We have two applications that do that.
• PDQ Deploy: Automatically deploys applications to the computers in an environment.
• PDQ Inventory: Gathers detailed information about computers in an environment.
So why come work for us over any one of the myriad of tech companies in Utah? Well for starters, PDQ.com was recognized as one of “Utah's Best Places to Work,” by Utah Business. We are a company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and talented employees. We are hardcore nerds who make software that makes the lives of IT system administrators much easier. We also create content, lots and lots of content to support our products and culture. This is where you come in.
Content creator position details:
This is a full-time salaried position based in our Salt Lake City office. We are looking for a talented Content Creator. This individual will work with our team to plan, research, manage, edit and execute large scale integrated content strategies. Prior, hands-on experience in IT and/or system administration is essential. You’ll be creating compelling blog posts, email copy, product descriptions, social media content, web copy and even appearing on camera for videos and webcasts. This position requires a high level of creativity, as well as the ability to communicate complex technical information in a compelling and even riveting way. The content you create needs to reflect our unique culture, so yes, a sense of humor is required.
• Work with our team to create content such as emails, social media messages, blogs, product descriptions, product videos, and webcasts. Partners with subject matter experts at all levels to create compelling consistent and meaningful messaging that helps stakeholder goals by target audience.
• Participate in planning and strategizing for inbound marketing campaign execution including content, content schedule, platforms, and measurements.
• Edit content and collaborate with other team members. Repurpose content for different mediums.
• Develop benchmarks and goals for each campaign and ensure they are reached.
• Learn and use inbound marketing software
• Develop new content topics based on customer need, tech industry developments and trends as well as product-related content.
• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• IT and/or system administrator experience.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal communication skills. You will be on camera.
• Collaborate with coworkers and interface with customers.
• A desire to always be learning and keep up-to-date on technological changes and how they could impact our customers.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Authorized to work/reside in the United States.
• To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods and using computer monitors/equipment.
• Previous experience with digital and social media tools.
• Previous content creation experience.
• Experience with PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory a big plus!
We will provide you (besides a paycheck):
• Your own office, no cubicles here. We do have open team areas if that’s your thing.
• Powered ergonomic desks.
• Fully-stocked pantry to keep your energy up.
• Catered lunches from the best local restaurants every day.
• High-end computer and enough monitors to block out the sun.
• Just about any mechanical keyboard you want.
• Training tools like Pluralsight, Safari, and more.
• Casual dress work environment.
• Quarterly Profit Sharing.
• One hundred sixty hours of paid time off; 3 days of volunteer time off.
• Access to an in-office gym.
• Ability to work remotely on a case-by-case basis.
• Full health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision), fully subsidized by PDQ.com.
• 401K Matching.
• And more (yup).
At PDQ.com, we own ownership, we embrace collaboration and tear down silos, we are honest even if it's embarrassing and we are always learning and improving. If PDQ.com sounds like a place where you’d like to work, then we welcome you to apply for this exceptional and infrequent opportunity to become a part of our exclusive team of rock stars.
<!-- [if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
**Please provide writing samples along with resume.