Junior Windows System Administrator
Product and company
Our company goal is to make the lives of system administrators easier - and make them look good. We have two applications that do that:
- PDQ Deploy: Automatically deploys applications to the computers in your environment.
- PDQ Inventory: Gathers detailed information about the computers in your environment.
We are a fun, laid back company. We (your potential future team members) wrote this job post while chilling on leather couches and cracking lame jokes and puns that make our ears bleed. (Thanks, Dakota.) Check out these videos to learn more about our company:
PDQ.com cares and invests in its employees. Working here will provide you with a great opportunity to learn and advance your career.
- You will benefit from company supported continuing education, training, and the occasional conference trip.
- Learn about diverse environments and solutions to problems by working with many different customers.
- Work on a team with other bright, engaged people.
Other things we like about working here:
- Technically experienced (the best kind of experienced) and supportive management.
- Remote work flexibility for when you need to defend your home against porch pirates. (The majority of your time will still be here in the downtown Salt Lake City office).
- All the other great benefits you'd expect from working at a very cool tech company, like choice of your own office or open team areas, catered lunches, high-end computer and enough monitors to block out the sun, casual dress work environment, quarterly profit sharing, 160 hours of paid time off annually & three days of volunteer time off, access to an in-office gym, health benefits (medical/dental/vision) fully subsidized by PDQ.com, 401K match up to 6%, and more (yup).
- Salary is $45 - $55 K Depending on Experience.
Information about the role
We want your help with our ticket volume. You will be joining our team of other sysadmins who have been through the trenches of helpdesk to sysadmin and want to share their knowledge. (Whether you want to listen or not.)
Expected job breakdown:
70% - customer support.
- This is not call center support. Our customers are fellow system administrators, and you'll help them via email only.
- Help write blog posts, KBs, reply to threads on our support forums, and help with webcasts.
15% - maintain and add packages to the Package Library.
15% internal IT/system administration/DevOps.
- Assist with IT task and projects from replacing a broken mouse and imaging machines to helping with big projects like a new SAN migration.
- Assist with security, architecture (Azure/AWS), PowerShell Automation, and networking, based on your skills/interests.
- You need to be good at troubleshooting and figuring out problems.
- You must be eager to learn, grow, and be part of our team. You're the kind of person that if you don't understand something, you google it and figure it out. When you don't know something, you learn it.
- Our software is Windows-based, so you'll need to have a good understanding of Windows systems, especially DNS, networking, credentials, Active Directory, and GPOs.
- Know how to silently install/deploy Windows applications.
- If you have no experience with PDQ software, you need to have experience with some other application deployment tool.
- Scripting experience. (Batch, PowerShell, Python, etc.)
Tools we use:
- G Suite
- Jira + Confluence
- Apply at https://www.pdq.com/careers/
- Once we receive your application, we'll send you a homework assignment with instructions.
- Submission of Homework is required. We are unable to consider your application and resume and move you forward in the recruitment process if you do not submit the homework.
At PDQ.com, we own ownership, we embrace collaboration and tear down silos, we are honest even if it's embarrassing and we are always learning and improving. If PDQ.com sounds like a place where you’d like to work, then we welcome you to apply for this exceptional and infrequent opportunity to become a part of our exclusive team of rock stars.
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.