PDQ.com - Salt Lake City, UT
Applicants Only - No Recruiters
Why work with us?
PDQ.com was recognized as one of “Utah's Best Places to Work,” by Utah Business. We are a small company with exceptional benefits, competitive compensation, and talented employees. We are also hardcore nerds who can use Powershell to solve world peace. Our customers are IT System Administrators and our software aims to make their lives easier.
What we want from you:
- Apply! After we receive your application, we will send you a homework assignment. This is a very important part of our hiring process. (We only review resume's of candidates who's homework submissions have been received).
- Have 2-3 years of experience as a product owner. Even better if you have experience as PO of a SaaS solution; you understand the importance of SLA, redundancy, high availability, capacity, security.
- A strong understanding of agile Scrum.
- Have great attention to detail while still being able to see the big picture.
- Demonstrate excellent negotiation skills the and ability to work with nerds.
- Ability to write a user story with great acceptance criteria in your sleep.
Standard stuff you should also have:
- Preferred you have any of the following certifications:
- Scrum Alliance certification (CSPO, A-CSPO, CSP)
- ICAgile Certification (ICP-BVA, ICP-EPO, ICE-PO)
- PMP, PMI-ACP
- ITIL Foundation * Ability to communicate with other software developers, systems administrators, and IT staff. Yes, we expect you to collaborate with others.
- Ability to adapt and perform in stressful situations
- Willingness to work outside of regular scheduled hours to ensure deadlines are met
- Ability to speak and write in English
- Must be a U.S.Citizen or Authorized to work/reside in the United States
- To successfully perform the essential functions of the job there may be physical requirements which need to be met such as sitting for long periods of time and using computer monitors/equipment
- Have a personality that includes at least 26% humor
What your day would look like at PDQ.com:
Come into work and get your favorite cup of joe or tea from our fully stocked pantry. Attend stand-up with your development team and ensure we are tracking to plan. Design, write, and manage backlog issues for web services in support of our main products PDQ Deploy or PDQ Inventory (go here to download a trial version: https://www.pdq.com/try/). Help developers prioritize bugs and report to stakeholders on development progress. Have catered lunch with the company from top local restaurants around SLC. Attend sprint planning and retrospectives to keep the work flowing and continuously improving. Work out in our in-office gym. Maybe make an appearance on our weekly webcast in our professional full production studio. Learn and master our product line and write some documentation. Pitch-in and answer some support tickets to keep in touch with our customers. Go home fulfilled and looking forward to the next day’s journey. Still not sure? Check out our video: https://youtu.be/TM3WcrYhum4
What we will provide you (besides a paycheck):
- Quarterly Profit Sharing
- 160 hours of paid time off; 3 days of volunteer time off
- Full health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision), fully subsidized by PDQ.com
- 401K Matching
- Your own office, no cubicles here. We do have open team areas if that’s your thing
- Access to an in-office gym
- Work-life balance that offers flexible work solutions
- Powered ergonomic desks
- Fully-stocked pantry to keep your energy up
- Catered lunches from the best local restaurants everyday
- High end computer and enough monitors to block out the sun
- Just about any mechanical keyboard you want
- Training tools like Pluralsight, Safari, and more
- Challenging and impactful work using:
- Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, Zendesk, Azure, GSuite, Slack * Casual dress work environment
- And more (yup)
At PDQ.com, we own ownership, we embrace collaboration and tear down silos, we are honest even if it's embarrassing and we are always learning and improving. If PDQ.com sounds like a place where you’d like to work, then we welcome you to apply for this exceptional and infrequent opportunity to become a part of our exclusive team of rock stars.
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status