PDQ.com is seeking an experienced Development Manager.
We have two desktop applications: PDQ Deploy and PDQ Inventory. These applications are used by over 200,000 systems administrators worldwide.
- Manage the development of existing PDQ.com products.
- Be a manager (with all of the personnel duties that go along with that).
- Help the developers create a product that you would enjoy using.
- Help the team achieve individual and team deliverables.
- Work with dev team to determine and document development best practices.
- Effective delegation and follow-up.
- Work with stakeholders (project manager, product manager, marketing, etc.) to ensure products comply with goals, specifications, and schedules.
- Help your developers stay productive.
- Help your developers challenge themselves and each other.
- Help your team identify risks, dependencies, and other issues.
- Help your developers become better team members.
- Help your developers live the four core values of PDQ.com (ownership, collaboration, honesty, improvement).
- Be passionate about unit testing in the development cycle (rather than just throwing code over the wall to our automation team).
- Help identify KPIs for individual team members, the team, and you.
- Help your team stay in the know.
- Help your team determine cause of error analysis that leads to preventative analysis.
- Help the company fulfill its vision of being the best place to work, ever.
- Take an active role in the leadership team of PDQ.com.
- Daily huddles (KPIs, where you’re stuck)
- Weekly meeting (KPIs, strategy)
- Monthly off-sight (KPIs, strategy) – possible travel req’d
- Quarterly off-sight (KPIs, strategy) – possible travel req’d
- Development experience (current or former coder)
- You have experience managing a team of software developers.
- You are customer focused
- You have a solid understanding of computing systems, software architecture, and processes.
- You have a working knowledge of continuous integration / continuous delivery (CI/CD) concepts.
- You perform well in stressful situations.
- If necessary you are willing to work outside of regularly scheduled hours to ensure deliverables are met.
- Your self-motivation helps others around you want to succeed.
- You are organized.
- You embrace critical thinking (not to be confused with cynicism).
- You are open to and strongly consider other ideas and the methods for achieving them.
- Troubleshooting is second nature to you.
- You can effectively communicate in the English language (both verbal and written).
- You are a U.S. Citizen or are legally authorized to work/reside in the United States.
Kinda nice to haves: (yeah, that would be nice)
- Experience managing both onsite and remote workers
- Experience with Agile methodologies (with an understanding that Agile is a process, not a religion).
Tools we use:
- Atlassian products (Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket)
- G-Suite applications (Google docs, sheets, etc.)
- Visual Studio
Our Employees enjoy:
- Quarterly profit sharing bonus
- 160 hours of paid time off; 3 days of volunteer time off
- Full health benefits (Medical/Dental/Vision/Short Term Disability)
- 401K Contribution Matching
If PDQ.com sounds like a place where you’d like to work, then we welcome you to apply for this opportunity .
PDQ.com is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.